WE ARE HIRING: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Due to our focus on step change growth, MAXIMeyes (UK) Ltd is currently recruiting for a Business Development Team. You have the chance to join one of the most trusted and respected Business Utility Consultancies in the UK which carries on a great 97% client retention ratio. The company is revolutionising client experience all over the country as well as in Europe and USA for the last 12 years.
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role is to improve the Company’s market position and achieve financial growth. A good BDM will be defining short, medium and long-term business development goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients. They will then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with MAXIMeyes. They must develop a good rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve their relationship. They work with mid and senior management team to set and review sales targets and discuss strategies for growth.
The BDM may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job since it is the business development manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services/products the company can provide, and of the company competitors.
The main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarised as follows:
New Business Development
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organisation
- Identify the right angle of approach for each client to avoid perception of cold calling, e.g. introduction through an existing relationship, attending relevant industry events, invitation to MAXIMeyes events, etc.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and MAXIMeyes (we are also looking to employ a team of Lead Generators to support the above four elements of New Business Development duties. Therefore BDM role would mainly be focusing on responsibilities listed below)
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Attend meetings with potential clients to discuss needs and MAXIMeyes proposition
- Working with account managers and participating in pricing the solution/service all the way through to successful contract completion
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion (use variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately)
- Regular contract review meetings with MAXIMeyes account managers to ensure continued client satisfaction
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning
- Identify and attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to develop new services, products and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly reports and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Work with marketing team to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance
Other Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for a person with a proven track record and experience in successful business development and relationship building. Industry experience is not essential but will be a good added value.
- Experience in contributing to strategic planning
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to produce high-quality proposals and presentations
- Solid organisation skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Proactive and target driven
- Ability to establish effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to identify potential customer’s needs and challenges
- Good networking
- Creativity and ability to think on the spot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate should possess the following personality traits:
- Confidence, perseverance, commitment, responsibility, flexibility, patience, tenacity, ambition, good sense of humour, ability to adjust to different circumstances fast
- Ability to deal with a conflict in a constructive way
- Good team player but able to work independently.
All members of the Business Development Team will be working with a set of targets and objectives which we will design together with each team member to ensure they support the overall company growth objective. BDM that will continue adding value to the business and keep fulfilling his/her role to the best of their abilities and in line with the above description will be able to progress their career within the MAXIMeyes Group and reach upper executive positions. Those will translate into relevant wage and commission package increase. Potential future roles may include but are not limited to Head of Business Development Team, Head of Creative Division and Group Head of Business Development.
Industry: Business Utilities Procurement
Location: Sutton, Greater London (excellent public transport links)
Salary: Negotiable + Performance related commission structure
Download Job Description Here
To Apply: Send CV and Cover Letter here
MAXIMeyes is an award-winning energy and telecommunication consultancy that provides tailor-made utility solutions. For more information, please visit our website or contact our team on 020 8652 7525 or by email.